CTV NEWSClick to read more
We can save you up to 35% on trip cancellation coverage!
Trip Cancellation Coverage & Interruption Plan
This plan provides financial protection in case the unexpected happens and you are forced to:
- Cancel your trip
- Interrupt your trip
- Delay your trip
You may be reimbursed the non-refundable amount. Your policy provides support for a number of specific reasons for a trip cancellation or interruption, ranging from a personal injury to a family tragedy.
Before you leave:
- If you cancel your trip due to an insured risk, we will reimburse you for the non-refundable, non-recoverable portion of prepaid airfare and travel arrangements.
- If you have to pay a single supplement because a companion is unable to travel due to an insured risk, we will reimburse you.
While you are en route:
- If you miss a connection, we will pay for economy transportation to your destination, reimburse you for your unusable travel arrangements, and provide up to $200 a day ($600 maximum) for personal expenses like a hotel room, meals, and phone calls.
After you leave:
- If you or a traveling companion misses a portion of your trip due to sickness, we will pay for economy transportation to continue your trip.
- If you have to return home due to an insured risk, we will reimburse you for the non-refundable portion of your unused, prepaid, insured travel arrangements, and for economy transportation to return to your departure point.
- If a covered sickness or injury results in your death, we will pay up to $10,000 for costs to bring you home, or up to $4,000 for cremation and burial at the place of death.
Note: This information is only a summary of the coverage provided. The travel insurance policy has terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. For the complete terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions please see the Trip Cancellation & Interruption policy (141KB).
If you cancel your trip before departure, you must notify the Claims Department on the same day that the cause for cancellation occurs. Any event that you are aware of before you book your trip, which may cause you not to travel as planned, will not be covered as a cause of cancellation.
Travelling without Travel Insurance could cost you an arm and a leg.
Your provincial health insurance doesn’t come close to covering the costs of emergency medical treatment while you’re traveling out of province. This means a sudden illness or accident could not only ruin your trip but the medical expenses could ruin you. One hour in a U.S. hospital could cost you $10,000.... and it gets worst, you could be denied treatment without adequate medical coverage.
WE ALSO OFFER INSURANCE FOR:
- TRIP CANCELLATION/INTERRUPTION COVERAGE
- OUT OF COUNTRY MEDICAL EMERGENCY INSURANCE
- VISITOR TO CANADA HEALTH INSURANCE
Trip Cancellation Coverage Canada, Trip Cancellation Coverage Ontario, Trip Cancellation Coverage Alberta, Trip Cancellation Coverage British Columbia, Trip Cancellation Coverage Manitoba, Trip Cancellation Coverage New Brunswick, Trip Cancellation Coverage Newfoundland, Trip Cancellation Coverage Nova Scotia, Trip Cancellation Coverage PEI, Trip Cancellation Coverage Quebec, Trip Cancellation Coverage Saskatchewan